Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New furnature

I have a show coming up in a little more than a month and I have made nothing for it so far.... So I guess I need to get cracking on it. I need to make about six pieces two of which need to be lounge chairs because they sell really well. I have been thinking a whole lot about Japan, its culture and its language so I think it would be fun to draw from that to make a few of the pieces. For some reason I am attracted to the idea of making furnature from the shapes of Hiragana I assume because that is all that I have been studying for the last week. So what is the most comfortable Hiragana symbol to you all? please leave a comment with your opinion! Dont worry if the symbol has parts that are not connected it will be part of the fun to design to get around those problems! For those of you who do not know what it looks like see the image below.

3 comments:

Sean said...

"ki"

Keelie said...

The most "comfortable"....hummm...I'm going to say the 4th down on the 3rd column

Anonymous said...

I've an idea. What about using symbols in bold colors as a border at the top of a room, saying something nice, of course?