Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Person. Part two.

So I have lived a fairly interesting life. I think my parents are to thank for that because they were so liberal with my two siblings and myself when raising us. People say that you can do anything if you put your mind to it but that was a way of life in my upbringing. My parents encouraged and supported pretty much anything that we became interested in. They let us do what we wanted, even if it was a little frowned upon, with out interfering unless we managed to get ourselves in to deep. Mom and dad called it benevolent neglect. What ever it was, I allowed to grow up how I wanted with out being smothered by overbearing parents.

Being raised with this out look allowed me to pursue what ever was interesting. This has blessed me with an odd resume that started when I was around thirteen. I have worked in several plant nurseries, I have been a kennel worker and eventually became a veterinary technician, I installed school networks in New Orleans until Hurricane Katrina destroyed my apartment and all the work we had done, I wired and installed security and home automation equipment, I have worked at an advertising agency where i started out doing data entry and eventually was required to become a web design intern, I taught high school computer classes for four years, I was an art gallery assistant and today I am an exhibits fabricator at McWane Science Center where I get to build, assemble, maintain, improve, and deconstruct kick ass science exhibits. I have been at this most recent job for about eight months. It is a great job; I wake up not dreading to go into work like most of my friends do. It has good benefits and I get to work with intelligent and interesting people.

Unfortunately for me, I have such a wide veritey of jobs because I become bored over time and I think life is to short to be bored. So, I stay at a job for a few years, some times up to six, and then I move on to learn the next trade that seems cool or useful. That is one of the reasons that I have already set my sights on the goal of getting into the JET program over the next year or two.

I realize that the background that I have given is some what sporadic and I'm sorry for that. from now I will only reveal little bits about myself in sections of the blog instead of paragraph after paragraph. I just wanted to establish a base line. till next time!

No comments: