Thursday, March 5, 2009

Anki

I have been reading many blogs to learn about studying Japanese as well as JET and other things that interest me. While reading the blog Hopeless romantic The blogger suggests several study methods that I think will be really useful one of these is a method of learning kanji, when I get it and use it for a while I will write a small review on it to tell you all what I think about it. But for now I am going to talk about a really cool program that he suggested, Anki. This program is great! it is used to make flash cards that adhere to research concerning memory studys and the amount of time that you should wait between reviewing older material. Basicaly if you know some information on a flash card well, then the next time the program uses that specific card will be in the more distant futre than the cards that you have more difficulty with. The best part is that it is free! but there is a place to donate and I would recomend that everyone does because this is made by an individual and not a corporation and the product will surely become a valuable tool in your self study regiment. So go out and try Anki! It is a great program.

No comments: