Monday, March 30, 2009

Cramming my brain

So I have been using Smart.fm, the site that contains the IKnow study program. But I have run into an impasse. The program gives me like 12 words a day to learn and I have been having a really hard time trying to keep up. 12 words doesn't sound like a lot but that is 84 a week, 336 words a month. Now this is a little bit of an exaggeration because there are only 200 words in each unit and I only work on one unit at a time. More over after I finish going through all the 200 words the program will continue requiring me to learn and relearn these 200 words until I have gone over each one several times over a recommended month. so really its like learning 6.7 words a day but not really. Ok back on track... My problem is that I am not that great at straight up memorization so does any one have some suggestions on study methods (other than flash cards, I use them constantly) that may help me out? Thanks a lot!

2 comments:

Malloy Martini said...

try 1 word a day on a pull out calendar, and find a way to use it throughout the day

John said...

sounds like a plan. 1 word a day could add up fast!